A joint release with sister chain Waitrose, the 2020 advert shows a number of different characters who perform heart-warming acts of kindness.
Titled “Give a Little Love”, it shows nine scenes in total and each clip is made from a different art form - including CGI and animation.
This year's advert is also the first to feature a song by an original artist instead of a cover.
The new song, called A Little Love, was written and recorded by British soul singer?Celeste.
Much like previous years, John Lewis is selling a selection of products which are featured in its festive ad.
Some of the items available to buy include t-shirts, candles, mugs and pyjamas.
What's more, profits from the sale of the merchandise will be donated to FareShare and Home-Start charities.
Here’s what you can buy this year:
- Give a Little Love Mug, ￡7 - buy it here
- Give a Little Love Hearts Candle Tin, ￡8 - buy it here
- Give a Little Love Children's Pyjamas, from ￡15 - buy it here
- Give a Little Love Hearts Print Totebag, ￡5 - buy it here
- Give a Little Love Tank T-shirt, from ￡8 - buy it here
- Give a Little Love Heart-Shaped Umbrella, ￡25 - buy it here
- Give a Little Love Pin badge,? ￡3 - buy it here
There are pyjamas for little ones, as well as five different t-shirts to for adults, including some which feature a giant red heart.
John Lewis stores are currently closed in England due to the second coronavirus lockdown, but there's still the option to order online for home delivery or click and collect.
Delivery is free if your order is over ￡50, otherwise it's ￡3.50.
While Click and Collect is free for orders costing ￡30 or more, or ￡2 if you spend less.